Sunday, January 24, 2010

California Avocado Salsa


We LOVE salsa in our house so as I was making this the kids were standing over me waiting for it to be done. It is really delicious and is a meal in itself for my family. The sweet red pepper adds alot which most salsa recipes don't have in it. I found this to be the perfect thing for a football Sunday in my house. Enjoy!

Recipe Courtesy of AllRecipes.com

Recipe Yield 20 servings
Ingredients

* 3 large ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
* 3 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
* 1 1/2 cups chopped sweet red pepper
* 1 small onion, chopped
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped*
* 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro or parsley
* 1/4 cup lime juice
* salt to taste
* Tortilla chips

Directions

1. In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Serve immediately with chips.

1 comment: